13th February, School News Headlines Today: The morning assembly is a popular practice in schools. The assembly is generally held in the morning and requires all teachers and students to gather on the school grounds or the hall.
The format of the assembly isn’t defined and can vary from school to school. However, the key activities stay the same. The principal delivers a speech, and students read the news headlines. Talent shows, debates, speeches and fun role plays are often included in the school assembly.
Prayers, yoga and physical exercise can also be a part of the morning school assembly. However, today we bring you the top news headlines, which improve awareness in the students about global and domestic affairs.
You can check out the news headlines for 13 February to be read during the morning school assembly below.
National News Headlines for Today’s School Assembly February 13
1) The Rajya Sabha passed three historic bills addressing the issues of reservation for marginalized communities in the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Jammu and Kashmir.
2) Qatar released all eight jailed former Indian Navy veterans who were sentenced to death on charges of spying. The move came ahead of PM Modi’s Qatar visit.
3) Nitish Kumar-led NDA government won the floor test in Bihar Assembly as the opposition walked out.
4) India launched UPI payment services in Sri Lanka and Mauritius to boost cross-border commerce and tourism.
5) PM Modi will inaugurate the largest Hindu temple in the Middle East in UAE on February 14.
6) Section 144 was imposed in Delhi, large gatherings were banned, and the internet was suspended in many parts of Haryana amid the “Delhi Chalo” farmers’ protest.
International News for Today’s School Assembly
- Israel alleged that prominent Al Jazeera journalist Mohamed Washah is a top Hamas Commander.
- Netherlands ex-PM and his wife die “hand in hand” by euthanasia in a rare event.
- Israeli airstrikes killed over 100 in Rafah even after Netanyahu promised “safe passage” to Palestinians. IDF also rescued two hostages in Gaza.
- Indians accounted for 6.7% of total new citizenships in the US in 2023 after Mexico (12.7%) and followed by Phillippines (5%).
- Pakistan Election Result 2024: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) will reportedly form an alliance with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) with Nawaz Sharif as potential Prime Minister.
Sports News for Today’s Assembly
- India vs England: KL Rahul was ruled out of the third Ind vs Eng test. Devdutt Padikkal is set to replace him.
- Virat Kohli will miss the complete India vs England test series due to undisclosed reasons.
- Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in the Super Bowl 2025, with Patrick Mahomes winning the MVP for the third time.
Important Days on 13 February
- National Women’s Day
- World Radio Day
Thought of the Day
“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
― Brigham Young